Friday, November 21, 2014

Peer Advisor Highlight



International Education Week Peer Advisor Highlight! 

Brenda Duverce -- 1st year Master of Public Policy student

1. How has your international experience influenced your life academically and professionally?

My international experience helped shaped my academic and professional goals. I always had an interest in issues facing people in marginalized communities, and going to Botswana, South Africa, and Morocco reinforced this interest. I had a chance to work with organizations focused on promoting gender equality, preventing new HIV infections, and ending poverty. Those experiences helped shaped my educational goals to pursue a degree in public policy, and a career in making a difference.  

2. Would you recommend traveling internationally to other U-M students? Explain.

Absolutely! Going abroad is a nice way to incorporate what you learn in the class outside of the classroom. You learn to be more patient, flexible, and more creative. Often times you find yourself in situations you never in a lifetime expected to be in or experience, and you laugh, cry, or do both. My fondest memory as an undergraduate student was studying abroad. 

3. Tells us about one place you are dying to visit! Why? 

The one place I am dying to visit is Alaska. I have had the opportunity to travel to many countries, but now it's time for me to explore more places in the U.S.

4. What is your travel motto? 


Travel motto: You only live once (YOLO)! 




No comments:

Post a Comment