Thursday, May 15, 2014

Featured Travel Apps: Dividing the Bill



"I don't have any cash, can you get this and I'll pay you back later?"
"I paid for the hostel last night, can you get these bus tickets and we'll be even?"
"If you owe me $20, and I pay for this, then you'll only owe me $10, right?"

Traveling with a friend or a group of friends will inevitably lead to conversations such as these. Figuring out who is going to pay for the cab you just took or the drinks you just had can cause an unnecessary headache while traveling. Making sure that you are all evenly paid back can be problematic as well, and can cause stress when adventuring on a tight budget.


Having TripSplitter handy can save you the stress of the "I owe you what?" conversations that can consume a good amount of a meal time chat. TripSplitter allows you to breezily split expenses with travel companions. When you split a bill, enter each person's costs, and the IOU's are calculated and stored. This way, if you pay for the hostel, and they pay for the bus, the app can total what you still owe or are owed, so you equally split the costs.


Some of the main features include:
- Unlimited number of participants
- Create even or uneven splits
- Categorize expenses with the touch of an icon
- Convert currencies if your trip spans countries
- Turn device sideways at any time to see the IOUS
- Email participants a detailed list of spendings

This app was featured on ABC News Technology Review's App of the Week.

Save yourself the stress when traveling with your friends and download TripSplitter from the Apple App Store for only $1.99. Simplify your trip and split the bill evenly!


This post was written by an International Center peer adviser. It is in no way endorsed by the University of Michigan. 

3 comments:

  1. Amazing information, I would definitly com again soon enough for more updated content about best free travel apps. Love your work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. https://playerstage.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also Napali Coast Tours from Hanalei

    ReplyDelete